Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend has been great! We are currently packing and getting ready to go to Europe. I am excited and nervous. Im worried that Im forgetting something critical like my shoes or a rain jacket, but I have been assured by Brock that I am bringing more than plenty of stuff. So with all this stress of packing it was nice to take a break and spend some time with family.
The weekend of relaxation started friday morning when Brock and I went on a 15 mile bike ride around town. It was more like cardio on steroids. Gig Harbor offers beautiful views of the harbor but along with these views, it offers some of the biggest hills I have seen. The bike ride definitely kicked my butt! On our bike ride we went to this great pizza place called Fondi's. It was really good and to get our Italian celebration on, we ordered italian sodas. YUMMY! After lunch we headed back home and relaxed for the evening. 
  
Later that night we went with the family to the movies to see Dark Shadows. I thought it was going to be allot funnier than what it was. It was weird and at some points scary. But how can it not be, it is a Johnny Depp and Tim Burton creation of course it is going to be bizarre. Overall, I did like it.

On Saturday, we headed over to Pasco, Washington to visit some of Brock's family on his mothers side. I met his Aunt Jody, and his Cousins Wendi and Tracy. Wendi has two little boys and the most adorable baby girl I have met. We played with the kids and headed over to Red Robin for lunch. Afterwards, we went back to their home and played with the kids some more. Its always fun meeting new family and fitting right in. They were awesome and we were a little sad to leave at the end of the day. When we finally said goodbye we parted ways and got back on the road. In Brock's family it is always tradition to stop by in Yakima and go to Miners Burgers. I was burgered out so instead I had some chicken strips. OMG were they good! Definitely a yummy tradition!
This Sunday we woke up early to wrap our presents for mother's day and to prepare dinner for later that day. We went to church and the children were so adorable in sacrament. Mothers day has always been one of my favorite holidays because I can show how much I love my mom and do nice things for her. Unfortunately I was far from home but I called my mom to say Happy Mothers day. I am so thankful for all the hard work she has done to give me the life I have lived. She is my number one role model and best friend. I couldn't wish for anyone better than her. I love you mom!
Overall, our weekend was fun and well enjoyed with family. It was exactly what Brock and I needed before our great adventure. Next time I'll be blogging from Europe! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment